How It Works
In a traditional insurance model, to schedule a primary care appointment, you:
- Find a provider “in network” – this can change anytime with insurance policy changes or new government regulations
- Submit an insurance card to reception and pay a copay to be seen
- See the doctor – he or she has an average of 7 minutes or less with you – and data shows you are likely to be interrupted within 30 seconds
- Get your actual bill weeks later invoicing any labs, imaging, or other services provided that may NOT be covered by your insurance – charged to you at an astronomical markup
- Call to ask your physician a question – get a phone tree
- Dread going to the doctor
OSMC simplifies and streamlines the whole process for the low monthly fee of $75 per person.
- Your physician is available via phone or e-mail 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Same day or next business day appointments are always available.
- Appointments are the length you need them to be – most of our patients spend 30-60 minutes of direct face time with their physician per visit.
- Everything within our four walls is included in your monthly $75 membership fee – no copay, unlimited visits, and unlimited urgent care.
- Anything you need to do outside of our office is through our cash-pay network at an 80-90% discount. (i.e. xrays and MRI’s).
Even with the so-called “Cadillac” insurance plans, On-Site Medical Care has a transparency of cost that is making health care dollars make more sense – no pun intended. Until you meet your deductible, you will always be paying hyperinflated insurance-based prices for simple labs and imaging. Cash-pay options save you thousands of dollars.
In addition to the money saved by seeing you when and how you should be seen, On-Site Medical Care Physicians helps keep money in your pocket by:
- Patients can use tax-advantaged money in an HSA or FSA account to pay for membership.
- By severing ties with insurance providers, we are able to reduce “billing and coding” overhead commonly seen in traditional offices – a savings we pass directly on to YOU.
- Improved primary care services NOW can help you avoid hospitalizations, surgeries, and other preventable medical conditions that can be crippling financial burdens later – detect diseases earlier.
- 24/7 access to your physician eliminates the need for costly urgent care visits.
- when your physician has more time for an extended history and physical exam, lab tests and imaging can be ordered in a more cost-effective manor (eliminate ordering unnecessary tests).
Too good to be true? By seeing only about 20% of the patient volume a traditional Family Medicine provider sees, we at OSMC are able to provide an unparalleled level of individualized service. We give you the time you deserve when it is convenient to you and your family. Essentially, it is medicine YOUR way.
To be clear, the services we provide are NOT a substitution for insurance. We recommend pairing our services with a catastrophic insurance plan and using your health insurance more like home or auto insurance:
- Pay cash for a flat tire and empty gas tank – carry insurance for the collision.
- Pay cash for the broken window or carpet stain – carry insurance for the tornado.
- Pay cash for blood labs and primary care visits – carry insurance for organ transplants.
Save With DPC Benefits
One of the most common questions we get at On-Site Medical Care is related to finances: “I already have good health insurance – why would I pay MORE money to see a doctor?” The short answer is that good health INSURANCE does not necessarily translate to good health CARE.
|Office Visit Charges||OSMC Cost||Cash Pay or Traditional|
|OFFICE VISIT 99214||INCLUDED||$225|
|OFFICE VISIT 99204 (NEW PT.)||INCLUDED||$365|
|KNEE OR SHOULDER INJECTION||INCLUDED||$195|
|TRIGGER POINT INJECTION||INCLUDED||$151|
|CRYO-THERAPY (FREEZING WARTS)||INCLUDED||$220|
|CRYO-THERAPY (SUN DAMAGE)||INCLUDED||$183-300+|
|LACERATION REPAIR (SUTURES)||INCLUDED||$180|
|CERUMEN REMOVAL (EAR WAX)||INCLUDED||$128|
|EXCISION OF SKIN LESION||INCLUDED||$600|
|SKIN TAG REMOVAL||INCLUDED||$202|
|INGROWN TOE NAIL REMOVAL||INCLUDED||$272|
|PERMANENT TOE NAIL REMOVAL||INCLUDED||$525|
Save on Medications
On-Site Medical Care purchases many prescription medications up to 95% off standard pharmacy pricing, which allows us to pass along savings to our members. We currently have over 400 common generic prescription drugs in stock. We do not dispense nor carry any controlled substances.
|Medications||OSMC Cost||Cash Pay or Traditional|
|ACTOS (PIOGLITAZONE) 15MG (30 pills)||$4.05||$289|
|AUGMENTIN (AMOX/CLAV) 875 (20 pills)||$7||$112.90|
|DIFLUCAN (FLUCONAZOLE) 150MG (2 pills)||$1.63||$33.98|
|FLOMAX (TAMSULOSIN) 4MG (30 pills)||$2.37||$92.99|
|LEVAQUIN (LEVOFLOXACIN) 500MG (30 pills)||$3.45||$114.99|
|LEXAPRO (ESCITALOPRAM) 10MG (30 pills)||$1.32||$139.65|
|LIPITOR (ATORVASTATIN) 40MG (30 pills)||$3.03||$151.99|
|NORVASC (AMLODIPINE) 5MG (30 pills)||$0.36||$61.88|
|PRILOSEC (OMEPRAZOLE) 20MG (30 pills)||$1.20||$107.20|
|SINGULAIR (MONTELUKAST) 10MG (30 pills)||$2.07||$196.56|
|VIAGRA (SILDENAFIL) 20MG (30 pills)||$2.01||$25.55|
|VOLTAREN (DICLOFENAC) 75MG (60 pills)||$4.62||$60.30|
|ZOLOFT (SERTRALINE) 25MG (30 pills)||$1.20||$30.69|
|Z-PAK (AZITHROMYCIN) 250MG (5 pills)||$1.65||$51.57|